Saturday 10 August 2013

RUBBISH HEAP - lp - 1999

Rubbish Heap are often overlooked, probably not helped by the somewhat infantile name they gave themselves when they were young pups and just started out. Over the years they outgrew both said name ,and no doubt their own initial expectations, and turned into something quite special. Due to living close to the Belgium border, I got to see them a lot in the mid to late 90s, and especially in their final stages of being a band, they were noticeably improving all the time. Rubbish Heap did a fine 7" and a split 7" with their German friends Upset, but this lp remains their true masterpiece. I actually remember it coming out after or just when they were already breaking up, with somewhat surprisingly vivid memories of people passing it around excitedly at a gig in my old stomping ground of Horst rushing back just now. I have no idea what I did last week, but that I remember? Ah, the legendary priorities of punks...
Anyway, if you enjoy walks along the path carved out by Econochrist, Born Against, Eucharist and Hail Mary...have a wander down this lesser known, somewhat overgrown and unkempt, side-trail. I guarantee you won't be disappointed by what you find there.

RUBBISH HEAP

No comments: